CBOTB

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sick Baby, Sick Mama

Well, Ella got sick for the first time in her short life. Sick enough for me to call the doctor, at least. She's had a runny nose before and one time sounded like a little froggy when she babbled, but this was different.

Baby Daddy was out of town at a conference in Atlanta. Thursday night Ella and I had some girlfriends over for dinner and laughs. We went to bed pretty early, and (both of us) slept through the night. But at 7 when I went in to get my babbling baby girl, she felt hot. Really hot. She's a hot body baby by nature, but this was different. I took her temperature 100.1. Not too bad. I gave her some baby Tylenol, fed her and we snuggled in the bed until about 10. I was not feeling too hot, either, and had a dry mouth from keeping it open to breathe all night because my nose was stuffed up. At 10:30, I checked her temperature again. 101.7. Yikes. More Tylenol at 11 and more food. Then I called and left a message for our nurse.

She called back around 12:45 while Ella was napping...they were really busy that day, but she worked us in for 1:30. On the way there, she was burning up. I layed my hands on her head and prayed and commanded that fever to leave her body. Dr. Dobson checked E baby out and said that the fever was gone, but she had a double ear infection! Yuck. Luckily, Publix has FREE Amoxicillin. So we were on our way home to snuggle some more. And I'm gonna lay my hands on those ears and do the same thing I did with that fever.

After a mutual nap on the couch and some dinner, we took a luke warm bath with bubbles and plenty of toys to keep our attention. I put her down around 8:30 and she slept for maybe 20 minutes before waking up crying. I decided it was a sleep with Mommy night. She snuggled in as close as she could to me and we were both out by 9. I woke up sweating at 1, so I put her back in her crib and we both got some better rest. This morning we woke up both feeling a little bit better, but we're ready for Baby Daddy to come home.

Sniffle, Sniffle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sick babies are so pitiful, aren't they? You tell Baby Daddy to hurry on home! Mommy and Ella need some tlc. Thank God for free drugs at Publix! Those have saved us more than once.