Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Not anyone in particular. My mom was going to name me Tara when they found out I was a girl, but Daddy had a name picked out because of some cute little girl named Nicole who was the daughter of one of his friends.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I find myself crying for various reasons...I think the last time I cried was in Pennsylvania...I cried when I was watching my aunt with her grandchildren. She was able to do so much with them, and I cried a bit at the thought that my Mom may not have that with Ella. BUT...I decided that she is going to get healed and will have the opportunity to make FlufferNutter sandwiches and make forts out of blankets in the play room.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Usually, yes. It's probably a good thing since I have a business that in many ways rides on my handwriting.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
My guilty love is salami with white American cheese. But, since that is not on my wonderful eat-clean diet, turkey and lean ham are what I usually munch on.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes, I have the most beautiful baby girl in the world. If she doesn't steal your heart, you don't have one.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think I'd be a good friend to myself.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? No. And I don't really like people who do.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I would have before I had kids. Now, I don't think so. I want to see my children grow up.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oh, good question. I love me some cereal...Life, Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, and lately banana nut granola with Silk vanilla soymilk. It always has to be very cold and the best way to do it was shown to me by my best friend's stepdad...ice circles. Ice circles are bowls with a little water on the bottom, put in the freezer overnight. It keeps your milk cold and your cereal yum-o!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, I really should. I hear it helps keep them longer.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically-Not like I used to be, but I'm working on it. Spiritually-I believe that I could always be stronger.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Cold Stone's Chocolate Peanut Butter in a Reese's covered waffle cone...shared with my hubby. I wonder how many calories are in that!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their smile and handshake.
15. RED OR PINK? That depends on what sort of mood I am in. I love them both, but I'm more into pink these days.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? My fleeting ability to keep myself organized. I used to be so good about having a plan, a place, and a purpose for everything. Not so much anymore.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My college roomies. They were soooooo fun!
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Brown Old Navy sweatpants, white running socks.
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Fruit
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Law & Order that my MIL and hubby are watching
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Macaroni & Cheese
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Nothing beats Brandon's Lacoste cologne. I also love the smell of Ella after a bath, the smell of fabric softener/clean cotton.
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mom.
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football!!! College football.
5. HAIR COLOR? Brown & blonde.
26. EYE COLOR? Brown
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?Nope 20/20 vision
28. FAVORITE FOOD? Philly Cheesesteaks from Philly (all else are imposters)
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I hate scary movies
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?Finding Nemo with my MIL and Ella.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Carolina Blue
.32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, definitely!
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Both...from Brandon and Ella.
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Brownies...chewy, gooey, not all the way done.
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Power of Praying Wife, Power of Praying Parent.
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have a mouse pad. I've got one of those touch pads on the laptop.
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? I didn't watch any TV last night. This sounds super spiritual, but Brandon and I had some friends over and we listened to a sermon CD and talked about God until the wee hours of the morning.
38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Brandon singing to Ella!
39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Living-Los Angeles, CA. Vacationing-Sri Lanka.
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Creative stuff...scrapbooking
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Philly.
Okay, enough about me. I tag the PB&J! C'mon sista!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
So...we were running through the airport with a total of 3 pieces of regular luggage, 4 carry-on items, a stroller, a car seat/base, 2 coats and a very cute baby...
We got to the gate right as they closed the door. I said, "There's no hope for us, is there?" And I kind of got a chuckle from the attendants. Luckily for us, there was a nice, no...a VERY nice gal there named Margot. She had us go to the counter and told us our options...
A few typestrokes and our silent prayers later and Margot was handing me two CONFIRMED boarding passes for the 11:56 flight! She said that she has a 7 month old and they took her on the plane just last month and knows how hard it can be to travel with an infant, so she bumped others on the flight so we could get there quicker. I didn't know her but I wanted to kiss her. She told Brandon that he could take our 3 check in bags back to the front and check them.
And I stayed at the gate, and decided to chat with Margot for a minute before she left and I broke out the oh-so-wonderful Hooter Hider (my beloved nursing cover) and get some breakfast in my child (who, at this point, was still an angel and wasn't even crying about the fact that she had been up since 4 and hadn't eaten anything yet). Just as I was settling into the corner chair in Gate A5, quieting my soul down enough to actually enjoy the nursing session, I get a phone call.
He says that the lady at the front (the same one who wouldn't let us check our bags before) is telling him that he can't check his bags in until 3 hours before his flight. It's 6:15am now, and he can't check them in until 8:56am. Can I please get Margot on the phone to work this out? (We knew we had an ally in good ole' Margot...I should send a compliment card or something to AirTran singing her praises).
We did have a silver lining to this dark cloud in that as I was strolling Ella down the concourse trying to get her to fall asleep, I spotted Bear Reinhart, a former Paladin, teammate of Brandon's, and the lead singer for the band Need To Breathe. He and his band were at Furman before making it big. They just signed with Atlantic Records, have the #1 song on the P.S. I Love You soundtrack ("More Time"), and are really on the verge of blowing up...We are very excited for them. Surprisingly, Bear recognized me, and we talked as I walked him over to Brandon where we all got to visit with each other while we waited.
This is a nice family whom we met and befriended. Their daughter was so fun and high-spirited. If Ella is anything like her when she's three, though, we're in for it. She was HIGH-Energy. Thankfully, the mom bought me a coffee to help me keep up with her.
I closed my eyes for about 20 minutes thinking that when I'd open them, the gate would definitely be full of people ready to board. But when I did, amidst the blaring loop of news stories in the background, there were no more people than before...that's funny...shouldn't we be leaving in 20 minutes?
It's a good thing I think like this, y'all. My husband was on the phone, blissfully ignorant to the fact that our gate had changed and we were about to miss our flight...AGAIN.
But we didn't. And in my next post, I'll show what made all of this craziness worth it.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
So we played with the babies....