CBOTB

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Amoxicillin for everyone!

I finally gave in. I was holding out all hope and belief that my body was just going to fight off this nastiness inside. But when I woke up for the third Monday morning in a row feeling snotty, stuffy, coughy, and yucky, the first thing I did was call my doctor.

On Sunday I had felt a good bit better. Unfortunately, I didn't give it much of a chance, having already committed to running 8 miles (my friend and I are still training for this half marathon that I'm not actually running). After church and lunch, I laced up my shoes and hit the pavement for a good hour and a half. When I arrived home afterwards, I was whooped and couldn't even stand to take a shower; I just sat on the floor and let the water hit me.

We also had a baby shower to attend so rest wasn't in the picture until after we had put Ella down for the night. I fell asleep on the floor in her nursery while Brandon was laying her in her crib. He had to pick me up and put me in bed, too. We were both out by 9pm.

On Monday afternoon, I went to see my doctor who took one listen to my breathing and said, "Whoa! That's Bronchitis...and it's bad. I can't believe you were even able to run 8 miles yesterday." (That's probably why I felt like death would have been more pleasant afterwards).

So...back to Publix for Mommy's Amoxicillin.

It's the new fad drug of the Berry Household. Everyone's doin' it. Except Brandon, but he probably needs to, too.

Off to wipe my and ella's noses.

No comments: