But today as I reflect on the last decade of my life, I am coming to realize how wonderful it's really been. God has done amazing things in and through this ordinary gal, making something extraordinary out of me. It's been His doing, not my own, which is why I don't mind bragging a little bit. I owe everything to God who has given me everything I have, provided for each experience I've taken part in, and grown me up into the woman I am today and the one I'll be tomorrow as I blow out my candles.
With that being said, here's a snippet into what's happened in my life since I turned 20 in 1999:
- Played collegiate Division 1 soccer
- Been voted captain of my team by my teammates
- Participated in 2 NCAA Division 1 post-season tournaments
- Said goodbye to my paternal grandfather (Poppop) as he went to meet Jesus face to face as well as some friends who were taken much too soon
- Graduated from Furman University
- Traveled to Austria, Czech Republic, Sri Lanka, England, Kenya, Italy, Costa Rica, Israel, Mexico, & Cayman Islands (my first cruise).
- Skied & snowboarded some of the best slopes in the U.S., seen the Grand Canyon, surfed in the Pacific Ocean, been on an African safari, and zip-lined through a rain forest
- Worked in corporate sales, in the service industry, in professional sports, in full-time ministry, and in marketing
- Lived on my own for the first time…and made it!
- Made some life-long friendships which I cherish
- Started my own business
- Met, dated, and married the man of my dreams
- Moved across the country to Los Angeles…and back again
- Graduated from Fuller Theological Seminary with a Master’s Degree
- Seen my both of my parents come into personal relationships with Jesus!
- Trained for 2 half-marathons which I never ran, and many 10k races which I have ;)
- Bought our first home
- Been ordained as a pastor
- Been pregnant 3 times; Ella’s been a precious addition to our family, #2 is waiting in heaven to meet us one day, and now Allie is getting ready to make her Berry family debut!
- Stood by my family as we have dealt with my mom’s lung disease
- Spent time investing into the lives of hundreds of young people through various ministries including some in the country's most dangerous neighborhoods-no one can resist LOVE!
- Learned how to be a mommy, and a stay-at-home mommy at that
If that's what my 20's looked like, I can't wait to see what God has in store for this next decade of my life! Praise be to Him, the one who can do more than I could ever ask or imagine (Eph 3:20).