CBOTB

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Aunt Pepper and Uncle John






We had a nice visit with our brother and sis-in-law, John and Pepper. They drove down on Friday night after a football game that John coached in, and made it to Greenville a little after midnight. Ella was certainly happy to see her favorite aunt and uncle...and I'm sure they're her favorite for other reasons besides they're her ONLY aunt and uncle! :)













John got to hang out with Brandon in Nicholtown as they did Adopt-A-Block, and Pepper and I did what we usually do when we get together...a favorite pastime, if you will...we went to Target! In fact, we actually went to Target TWICE! :)








Ah yeah...it's a good day! John and Pepper live in Boone, and while they know what it's like to live in a town with ski slopes and a better than good football team, they DON'T have the privelige of being able to hit up Target without driving AN HOUR down the road. No thanks. The closest Target to my house takes a driving time of approximately 4.5 minutes, depending on if I hit the lights just right. And, besides the unruly amount of handicapped parking spots, (I think there are something like 30 spots all at the front, which didn't make me too happy when I was 9 months pregnant trying to waddle my way up to the doors with an armload of returns from baby showers--and don't even get me started on Target's return policy and how difficult it is to exchange something without a receipt there. It's not my fault that my friends and family don't always follow gift-giving-in-the-21st-century ettiquite and enclose a gift receipt for easy returns/exchanges) I really make the most of the close proximity by frequenting it at least once, but mostly twice a week. Granted, now that I'm not 9 months pregnant and waddling anymore, I still don't like hauling an ever-increasing in size infant in her "metrolite" (aka...NOT so light) carrier past all of the empty handicapped spaces from my spot about a quarter mile away from the entrance. I practically don't need to work out on the days I go to Target for this very reason. But I digress...

So, we went to Target, twice, and I escaped with only a bag of Halloween candy (Get this...I had to hide it from MYSELF so I wouldn't eat it all before the trick-or-treaters started knocking at our door) and two crab cracker tools...all paid for by my oh-so-wonderful stash of Target gift cards. Pepper didn't come out so unscathed, but I think she had a pretty good time picking out fun things for the house, including some cool new dishes.

We also went to one of my favorite restaurants, PF Chang's, and split the Lettuce Wraps and Mongolian Beef...yeah, some of you feel the weight of that last mental pictures and your stomachs are growling as you read. Mmm, mm, mm, mmm, mmmmmm.......enough said.

As if that wasn't enough to tempt you and put extra weight on my hips, we stopped at Publix because they had KING CRAB LEGS on sale for only $7.99/lb. We brought home 5 pounds of those bad boys for our bad boys, the Berry Brothers...they made it home, threw the football in the backyard for old time's sake, and then we feasted. I'm pretty proud (and a little ashamed, too) to say that Pepper and I outate the boys on the crablegs. They wanted to fill up on the sides...corn and potatoes. No thanks, guys. Gimme the seafood.



Here's one of my favorite pics from the weekend...It's obvious that they are crazy about each other.

No comments: