CBOTB

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Up For A Challenge


My sister-in-law, Pepper who can be found over here, is so very good about taking pictures. She always has been since I've known her. When their first son, my stellar nephew, Channing, was born, Pepper was one of those moms who set out to take Chancake's picture EVERY WEEK for the first year of his life...and actually succeeded. 

Completely amazing, if you ask me. 

We all oooohed and aaaahed at his epic 1st birthday party as she creatively displayed each week's photo on a clothesline/timeline...seeing him grow and change week by week was fantastic, especially since our families lived over 4 hours away from each other, and our times together that year weren't super frequent. 

So, I got stole the idea from Pepper, and decided to take Caroline's picture each week of her life with the intent to display them at her 1st birthday party. Pepper encouraged me and gave me a tip, "plug it into your phone's calendar and set a reminder so you don't forget." So into my trusty iPhone went, "Take Caroline's weekly pic". 

Week One. iPhone calendar reminder beeps. Okay, I'm on it. Get camera. Get baby dressed. Pick out a cute fabric to lay baby on. Check lighting. Work camera. Wait...(Note to self: Self, you REALLY need to figure out how to use this camera! What's the point of having a sweet, super deluxe camera with all these cool settings if you're clueless as to how to use any of them except the automatic feature?). K, if you can't work it, just do what you can, sister.

Click, click, click, click, click...

Photoshop or no? (Further note to self: Self, you also REALLY need to figure out how to use your Photoshop program. What's the point of paying for sweet computer photofinishing programs if you're clueless as to how to use it?) No. 


And this is what I came up with. Nothing Ansel Adams worthy, but there is a sweet little snookie wookie in that picture who has pretty much stolen my heart.

Week Two. iPhone calendar reminder beeps. But baby is sleeping. Hmmph...I'll wait. 

And that was the end of my Picture-by-the-Week endeavor. Sorry, Caroline. 

So it is with great trepidation that I even put this out there. I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to at least take a go at it. A picture a day, for 29 days (hello, Leap Year). Some days will be focused on the aforementioned snookie wookie...Others will be my other loves and randomness from my life. We'll see how far I get. I'll try to post them on the blog, too...another high and lofty goal: to blog every day. But I want to do this for a couple of reasons. 
A: It will give me an incentive to try to figure out how to work my camera. (or at least my iPhone camera)
B: It will give me an incentive to try to figure out my Photoshop program. (or at least my iPhone photo apps)
C: It will challenge me to document my sometimes crazy life as a pastor's wife and mom of three. Birthing a newborn and a church in the same month is not for the faint of heart, people.
D: It will challenge me to write more. I have so many things that happen in my day that I want to write about. Mostly they get out in 140 characters or less, but I really want to work on my writing skills, so this will give me that push to do so.

29 Days. Let's go.


1 comment:

Danielle said...

I did this same idea with karson but one a month instead! Much easier to remember and make sure I actually do it! And if it's a day off you never know :)