CBOTB

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Revival and Healing-Part 2

Brandon and I decided to see for ourselves what this was all about. So we spent the day in prayer and fellowship with God asking Him to prepare our hearts for whatever He wanted to do, and then went to Charlotte's Morningstar Church to get a better idea of what was really going on.

Briefly, I would like to say that YES, there's no denying that God has been and is currently working in and through His people to bring revival. However, we both felt as if there was a tinge of man-made glory and a sense of trying to recreate what God had done in the days before. This left us both feeling a little disappointed and disillusioned. Without bashing or discrediting these people, because I feel like this movement was birthed out of a hunger for God, I will say that I was glad we went and experienced it for ourselves before wholeheartedly endorsing it. If you're interested, skeptical, hopeful, etc...go with an open heart and mind and ask God to start a revival in you.

Revival is not about about going after what God can do for us. It's not about seeing healings or miracles, though those are cool too. It's about seeing the fruit of the Spirit exhibited in and through the lives of the people who have been touched by the revival.

Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness.
Self-Control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! P.S. I left you a post about $$ and cloth dipes over at my blog. We frugal mamas have to do the math, so I had figures, ha ha ha :)