CBOTB

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pinterest

I have an interest in Pinterest.

What's that, you don't know what Pinterest is yet?

Well, just think about this... (cue the Wayne & Garth's dream world sequence: doodley doo, doodley doo, doodley doo...)

You are just getting a chance to sit down on the couch and prop your feet up after a hard day of __________________ (work, parenting, LIFE...whatever). You have a tall glass of _______________ (tea, wine, lemonade, Diet Coke...again, whatever) next to you and you reach for your favorite magazine or catalog.

"Oh, this is a cool recipe...I should try it sometime". Riiiiiiiippppppppp! Out comes the page.

"What a beautiful kitchen! One day when I build my dream house..." Riiiiiiiippppppppp! Out comes the page.

"I love the way she has her hair done. I bet I could do that..." Riiiiiiiippppppppp! Out comes the page.

"Cute shoes..." Riiiiiiiippppppppp! Out comes the page.

"Dude, the guy from 300 is BEAST! What? Here's his workout regiment...I'm totally gonna look like him next month!" Riiiiiiiippppppppp! Out comes the page. (Had to throw in a guy scenario for all my dude readers.)

And the next thing you know your relaxing time on the couch has turned into this...

What to do with all your great new ideas, recipes, workout regiments? How do you keep them organized, accessible, and relevant?

Well, ladies and gents...that is where Pinterest comes in.

Pinterest is an online board for you to 'pin' anything your heart fancies that you discover on the internet...PG rated, of course. And you have access to it from your computer, smartphone, ipad, whatever! You can also share your pins with friends and see what they are into as well.

Gone are the days of piles of magazine pages littering your living room. Gone are the searches for that recipe you tore out three months ago that you are just now getting around to trying.

I have gotten so many cool ideas off this site. And, just being on it stirs up my creative juices. Yesterday alone, I made this:
this:
and this:


At your fingertips...ideas, creations, wisdom. Pinterest rocks my face off. Hallelujer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thats awesome, gonna have to check it out. Hope u keep experimenting with recipes, cant wait til we're neighbors..lol!